Friday 16 September 2011

Joshua Tree

Only one word is needed to describe Joshua Tree National Park....awesome!
It's an amazing place full of Joshua Trees, vibrant wildlife and mountains of rock.



It is known in the climbing world as a destination and I can see why. Here are a few photos to give you an idea of what it's like.



This is a Joshua Tree. Basically a yucca on steroids. And the rock was a very course granite.



We stayed the night in the National park. This place is the home of the road runner and the coyote. We didn't manage to spot either of them but we did manage to see a meteorite. Like a shooting star but 50 times brighter and just hurtling across the sky.
What a peaceful night although I did disturb the quiet for a little while with some uke playing.



Sue and I went for a number of shorter walks to see some rock formations among other things. We were amused by this sign and couldn't resist.



After the quietest night so far it was back on the road to Las Vegas. We pulled over at Amboy to reset the GPS and these people were taking a photo of themselves in the road. Odd! Till I looked at the road itself.



So we then took pictures of ourselves in the road.
All along the highway there are banks of letterboxes that I found interesting. Note that I also discovered my camera does black and white.



Now we are in the bright lights of Vegas. My highlight was tipping a busker playing ukulele. Tomorrow we head for the Grand Canyon.

Uke complete me!

Location:Las Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment