Wednesday 6 August 2014

Paris! A city where everyone is beautiful

What can I say! Paris, where the dogs wear designer labels, the waiters look like super models and everyone is beautiful.
Our trip to Paris began like every good tourist, on the open top bus to see the sights.
We began with Notre Dame.



I was attempting to get out of the way but the photographer had other ideas.

I did look for Quasimodo but I think it was his day off.




Then there's the magnificent Arc de Triomphe.


More on this and the famous Champs Élysées on a later blog.
And there is also this big metal thingy that we went up today.



Unfortunatly the lovely weather decided to change and as a result we were not able to go to the top, just the second floor.
As I've got a dodgy knee we decided the lift was the better option and after learning to queue we finally got stuffed, like sardines into the lift up. Now I may have met Susie at rock climbing but heights are not her strong point and I had to prise her vice grip off the elevator hand rail. She had that baby in a strangle hold. It is amazingly high up but I did talk her into a quick photo op at the rail.



The weather, as you can see was a bit gloomy so we popped back down and allowed a local to have way too much of our money for a couple of sexy ponchos. ( they keep the magic in).
We then walked along the Seine to the bridge of locks. Lovers clip the lock to the bridge and throw the key in the water to signify eternity.



However nothing says"I love you forever" as much as a good old bike lock!



Some people also use combination locks! Is that a bit of a get out free clause?
Here we are with our magic ponchos.



And Susie rocking the poncho and the travel brolly from Nana.



Now as a final gesture I've decided, and this came about quite by accident, that I will attempt a picture of the country visited in their local food. So for a starter, here is a map of France that amazingly appeared while I was eating a baguette.



Until next time.
Uke complete me.

Location:Rue des Arquebusiers,Paris,France

No comments:

Post a Comment