Tuesday 12 July 2011

Arrival in Christchurch


The trip out to the airport was uneventful and we arrived with plenty of time. A quick check in and done. The nice lady even gave me a fragile tag for the uke bag.

Would you believe when we went through those wonderful doors to departure a young fellow behind me was carrying a soprano uke!
I told him we should have a jam but he told me he wasn't so good.....He must have thought I looked like I was. Excellent!
The three hour flight was full of entertainment including a round of junior hangman on the games screen.
Now I know kids are pretty smart these days but check out the first word we were given to solve.



WHAT THA??
After getting well flogged on that game, my attention turned to other ways of entertainment.

Sue gave me an original smurf to take with me as a mascot and he got some time to chill out and see the sights.






On arrival we were transferred to our hotel,the Airport Lodge, however I now know it's not that it's close to the airport,rather your on the flight path! Only joking,it's fine for a single night.

Well that's about it for today. It's two hours later here and New Zealand is very behind on master chef, probably two weeks behind so a few hours of outdated tv shows.

Off to Wanaka in the morning, bright and early.

Fish and chips or should I say fesh and cheps for tea. $4 for a piece of flake and minimum chips. You Aussies are getting ripped off.


Uke complete me!

Location:Christchurch

5 comments:

  1. No-wonder you couldn't solve hangman - look at the first bit of the word - hetero - that's greek I believe for hetro. That hetro 11 y/o kicked your arse didn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no reply to that one RMB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know who I am don't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Course I know it's you Burnsy.. Like I wouldn't know the words of my secret love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's no secret now is it!

    ReplyDelete