Saturday 2 July 2011

Dry needling and pack training

With 9 days to go, there is no much more training to do. Well actually we could still be climbing twice a week and pumping weights but unfortunately my shoulder decided to have a serious melt down two weeks ago.
Thursday saw me again at the myotherapist. This time a intense dry needling session. OMG! Intense was an understatement. If you've never had dry needling, I cant really say your missing out on something special. But it is a great therapy and really works. You just have to get through the session and the following 24hours. Kind of feels like someone has been belting into you! 10.5 hours of tattooing or 30 min of dry needling! Let's just say I happily headed to each tattoo session. Can't say the same for my next myo session next week.

Today saw Liz and I heading to the Dandenongs for a short session to break the new packs in.



A nice wet Sunday so the wet weather gear also got a call out. During the day I decided to reassure Liz with my exceptional navigation skills!



All seemed a bit confusing really! Don't know why! but we did find our way back to the cafe and there was Sue and Sylvia relaxing,doing a crossword,having sampled most of the menu. Someone has to warm the seats for us I guess.

Nothing much more to do now. Pack the bags,double check gear and ring the airline to see if my uke can come as hand luggage.

I still don't trust Jetstar and now with all this Tiger airways bedlam I did book new tickets on Air New Zealand. I'm out of pocket $130 but rather that then not get there at all. It's a small price to pay for peace of mind. I couldn't stand it if we did all this and couldn't get there.

I've trained so much that sometimes need a nap in the middle of a climb.



Lucky I can trust my belay. Hopefully the next blog will be from the airport or from the land of the long white cloud itself. Roll on the 13th.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment